Tagliatelle with Mushrooms, Spinach & Pine Nuts
We now have so much choice in our supermarkets, with many offering ‘special’ ingredients and out of season fruits and vegetables – one good reason to experiment! This recipe uses dried pasta, but fresh pasta is now readily available which will speed up this quick supper even more! Serve with crusty bread and a tomato and basil salad.
- Cook the tagliatelle according to the instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the pine nuts until golden brown. Drain onto kitchen town with a slotted spoon.
- Add the onion and garlic to the hot oil and fry for 3-4 minutes until softened and lightly coloured. Add the spinach leaves and stir-fry for a minute or two or until wilted.
- . Empty Chesswood creamed mushrooms into a pan. Finley chop Garlic cloves and stir into the Chesswood creamed mushrooms, reduce the heat and gently warm through, stirring occasionally. Season to taste.
- Drain the cooked tagliatelle and toss with the sauce. Divide between two warm plates and scatter on the toasted nuts. Serve ‘pronto’!
Tip: Frozen leaf spinach is a good substitute for fresh – thaw it in the microwave and squeeze away any excess moisture before adding to the saucepan.
Ready in: 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 200g (7oz) dried tagliatelle
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 200g (7os) fresh baby spinach leaves
- 200g pot Chesswood creamed mushrooms
- 2 x Garlic cloves
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper