Spicy lamb Kofta & Mushroom Skewers
These spicy little numbers are great for a BBQ- accompanied with refreshing Tzatziki dip and warm pitta bread. Or when the skies are grey, enjoy as a main meal for two served with pilaff rice and fresh chutney.
- Using a food processor work together the lamb, onions, garlic, mint, cumin and coriander until the mixture forms a paste. Season with a little salt.
- Have ready 4 small skewers (soaked in water if wooden). Form the minced meat into 8 small sausages and thread onto skewers and alternate with the mushrooms.
- Grill for 12 minutes – turning as required until golden brown, brush the lamb and Chesswood mushrooms with a little oil halfway through cooking.
- Enjoy with a squeeze of fresh lime and Tzatziki dip.
Tip: Make your own Tzatziki dip by mixing chopped spring onion, diced cucumber and mint with natural yoghurt.
Ready in: 20 minutes
- 500g lean minced lamb
- 6 spring onions
- trimmed and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh mint
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 295g can of Chesswood button mushrooms
- A little vegetable oil for brushin
- 1 lime in quarters for garnish