Creamed Mushroom & Garden Vegetable Crumble
Make this into individual crumbles and freeze for a handy stand-by for supper – or family size for a filling lunch. Serve with carrots or peas.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the leeks, courgettes and celery. Gently fry for 5 minutes then cover, reduce the heat and sweat the vegetables for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the Chesswood Creamed Mushrooms with Garlic, plus the mustard and heat gently, combining the ingredients together well. Add the fresh herbs and season, to taste. Spoon into a 1 litre (1¾ pint) ovenproof dish.
- Now make the crumble, using a food processor to work the bread down to coarse crumbs. Add the flour and the butter and process again until the mixture is crumbly. Season with some black pepper and stir in the hazelnuts. Spoon evenly over the mushroom mixture.
- Cook in a preheated oven 200ᵒC / Gas 6 / Fan 180ᵒC for 15-20 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown. Serve with fresh vegetables
Tip: If you fancy a cheesy topping, replace the hazelnuts with 75g (3½ oz) grated Cheddar cheese.
You can make this ahead and refrigerate until ready to heat through. Allow an extra 10 minutes at a reduced oven temperature of 180ᵒC / Gas 4 / Fan 160ᵒC.
Ready in: 45 minutes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium leeks, washed and sliced
- 2 medium courgettes, thickly sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 2 x 200g pots Chesswood Creamed Mushrooms
- 2 tsp grain mustard
- 2 tsp freshly chopped chives or parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
For the crumble:
- 4 slices white day-old bread
- 125g (4½oz) plain flour
- 75g (2¾ oz) cold butter
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped hazelnuts.