Chicken & Bacon Parcels stuffed with Garlic Mushrooms
These garlicky parcels go great with roasted baby new potatoes and some fresh green vegetables.
- Carefully open breasts along centre, like a book. Place between two sheets of cling film on a chopping board and beat out, until about 1cm thick.
- Empty the two pots of Chesswood mushrooms into a mixing bowl and add two finely chopped garlic cloves. Divide the mixture into 4 and add to the centre of each breast and gently roll up each breast, tucking in the ends to prevent the sauce oozing out.
- Place the bacon rashers on a chopping board and using the back of a knife blade stretch the bacon to almost double its length. Wrap a couple of rashers around each breast and secure with wooded cocktail sticks then chill until required.
- Heat the oil in a non stick frying pan. Remove the cocktail sticks and cook the wrapped chicken over a moderate heat for 10 minutes on each side until golden brown. Transfer to a warm oven.
- Pour the wine into a pan and ‘deglaze’ using a wooden spoon to scrape any dark tasty bits off the base of the pan. Let the wine bubble and reduce, then whisk in the butter, mustard and parsley.
- Serve the chicken with a spoonful or two of the hot whisked sauce and garnish with watercress.
Ready in: 35 minutes
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2x200g Chesswood creamed mushrooms
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 8-10 rashers of smokey bacon
- 2 tsp veg oil
- 200ml dry white wine
- 25g butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp freshly chopped parsley
- Fresh watercress to garnish
- Salt and black pepper